Security & developer:
- Solaris 10, OS X, iOS, Windows XP (and once upon a time - AIX & Multics)
- mostly C, ksh, Oracle SQL*Plus, but sometimes (dis-)assembler.
Post with 1 note
Don’t be put off by the negative press about Apple Maps. Granted, there are things that could be improved, but I’m willing to give it time. I have been using it and have been pleased by it — pleased enough that I will retire Navigon, Google Maps and Inrix to a “just in case” folder on my iPhone (4S). Things I like:
1. Nice large green sign at the top of the screen telling me what to do next. Easy to see, even with my aging eyes.
2. I can go from the turn-by-turn view to a “big picture” view in two easy clicks (touch the screen to bring up the controls, then press the Overview button at the upper right) — and when I want to go back to the turn-by-turn, it’s just one click on the top bar.
Things I’d like improved:
1. I’d like an option to choose the orientation of the overview screen - it comes up with “North” at the top, where I would like an option to put “the direction I’m going” at the top (or even “my destination” at the top).
2. When I’m going somewhere new, I have to use the Contacts icon on the right first to choose a location, then click the Routing icon on the left to select “Current location to x”. It would be nice if I could choose the routing icon and then the contacts icon.